Brand Manager - Fishing/Humminbird
At Johnson Outdoors, home to some of the world’s most innovative and best-known outdoor recreation brands, we create amazing outdoor experiences - for adventurers, by adventurers.
Based in beautiful and affordable Racine, Wisconsin, at our Headquarters on the shore of Lake Michigan, you’ll have incredible access to a variety of outdoor activities whether skiing and snowmobiling in winter, or kayaking, fishing, sailing, hiking or more in summer. Close to both Milwaukee and Chicago, the area boasts a wide variety of amenities including a vibrant arts and culture scene and a host of unique, creative dining options.
What you will do:
Leads and executes brand strategy and marketing tactics to successfully increase profitability and brand effectiveness based on consumer intimacy and consumer segmentation needs. Responsibilities include but are not limited to managing marketing plans and campaigns, communication strategy and materials, advertising, public relations, digital, social media, consumer intimacy/research, consumer segmentation, product packaging, promotional and point of purchasing marketing.
- Partners closely with senior brand leadership, and provides input into the development of brand strategy. Leads and executes brand initiatives to grow brand equity and brand identity in the market and ultimately enhance the consumer experience and loyalty.
- Strengthens brand equity by developing, leading, and executing comprehensive and fully integrated marketing programs that address targeted consumer segment needs.
- Serves on a cross-functional team consisting of product development, engineering/R&D, sales and operations to create innovation strategies and briefs, platforms and new product segments based on consumer insight and market research.
- Performs initial business case development, consumer positioning and alignment to demand space. Manages product packaging, design and communication briefs.
- Owns, leads and executes the marketing communication strategy and plan which includes but is not limited to marketing campaigns, graphics, photography, print/TV, advertising, video, packaging, point-of-sale, product catalogs, social media, digital, CRM/DDM and public relations.
- Manages brand representation through field promotions such as tournament sponsorships, show participation, events, ambassadors and other grass root initiatives.
- Develops, directs and interprets trade and consumer market research studies to identify trends and market opportunities.
- Manages and drives marketing insights/analytics, which includes the following areas: consumer insights, competitive analysis, market/penetration opportunities, market best practice, shopper and purchase path analysis, sales trends, potential implications and product range gaps. Leads projects and work plans using internal and external resources.
- Evaluates brand and marketing strategy ROI and effectiveness using KPI (key performance Indicator) analysis, metric targets, reporting, testing and tracking, dashboards and related key reporting.
- Collaborates with sales teams on the planning and implementing of sales programs and activities as necessary to support the sales team, develop sales tools, attend major shows/customer presentations and present new products.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Typically performs human resources responsibilities for staff in collaboration with human resources, which includes but is not limited to the following: hiring and terminating employees, promotions/pay adjustments, staff development, performance evaluations, resolution of employee concerns and disciplinary counseling (Varies by location).
- Manages department, project and expense budgets (varies by locations).
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, sales or equivalent.
- Advanced knowledge, skills and experience in branding, marketing strategy development, traditional and digital marketing, social media, sponsorship management and promotion, consumer behavior strategies, consumer segmentation and consumer intimacy and promotional analysis.
- Experience and success in consumer intimacy and segmentation research to profitability grow the brand and align with the market. Ability to use research to effectively build our brand.
- Knowledge and skills in effectively developing marketing campaigns and tactics, marketing communications, positioning products, packaging products and managing a marketing budget.
- Expertise in managing projects from concept, implementation, analysis and evaluation. Demonstrated leadership skills to motivate and guide cross-functional teams.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to leverage across various internal and external teams/resources and communicate marketing plans.
- Experience working in a deadline-oriented environment with a high attention to detail and quality.
- Experience with profit and loss management and the ability to turn financial data into sound business decisions.
- Advanced proficiency in use of Microsoft Office suite including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Demonstrated proficiency in the Adobe Suite of tools, and a general understanding of HTML as well as other web-based applications.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required (requirement varies by business unit).
A few pointers about our culture:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and innovation are in our bones! We authentically innovate trusted equipment that gets people out there.
- We are laser-focused on our consumers, and passionate about inspiring people to actively engage with the amazing awe of the outdoors again and again.
- We strive to create meaningful, healthy change in the world as individuals and as a family of brands.
- We value team members who are willing to wear many hats; who take personal initiative, anticipating what needs to be done, and figuring things out to make them happen; but who are also willing to ask for help, to assist others and work together.
What you will receive:
- Share in the company’s success - Competitive base salary, with additional earning potential through participation in the annual discretionary cash profit sharing program, eligibility for annual pay increases, and employee stock purchase plans.
- Find your work/life balance with generous paid time off and holiday benefits, health insurance and wellness plans.
- Further your career with training opportunities including our tuition assistance program.
- Plan for your future with our 401k with company match and deferred retirement contributions, Sons & Daughters Scholarship program, life and LTD insurance, employee stock purchase plan, and more.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Johnson Outdoors (and all subsidiaries) without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. Johnson Outdoors is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact Human Resources at HRSpecialAccommodations@johnsonoutdoors.com to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
JOHNSON OUTDOORS is a leading global innovator of outdoor recreation equipment and technologies that inspire more people to experience the awe of the great outdoors. The company designs, manufactures and markets a portfolio of winning, consumer-preferred brands across four categories: Watercraft Recreation, Fishing, Diving and Camping. Johnson Outdoors' iconic brands include: Old Town® canoes and kayaks; Ocean Kayak™; Carlisle® paddles; Minn Kota® fishing motors, batteries and anchors; Cannon® downriggers; Humminbird® marine electronics and charts; SCUBAPRO® dive equipment; Jetboil® outdoor cooking systems; and, Eureka!®camping and hiking equipment. Founded in 1970 by Samuel C. Johnson, the Company has delivered double-digit compound annual growth over its history, evolving from a single brand into a nearly $600 million global enterprise with around 1,200 employees across 20 countries.