At Johnson Outdoors, home to some of the world’s most innovative and best-known outdoor recreation brands, we create amazing outdoor experiences - for adventurers, by adventurers.
Based in beautiful and affordable Racine, Wisconsin, at our Headquarters on the shore of Lake Michigan, you’ll have incredible access to a variety of outdoor activities whether skiing and snowmobiling in winter, or kayaking, fishing, sailing, hiking or more in summer. Close to both Milwaukee and Chicago, the area boasts a wide variety of amenities including a vibrant arts and culture scene and a host of unique, creative dining options.
About the Role:
Provides system-wide strategic and tactical leadership over consumer insights, market research, business analytic initiatives and innovation process management. Ensures business decision-making, the innovation roadmap for each brand and brand/product strategies are supported by insights and analytics. Leads and consults globally across all businesses to develop analytical tools, KPI’s, effective reporting tools and dashboards to measure brand and product performance. Partners across businesses to develop and drive analytic standards and methods based on market best practice.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborates and consults globally with all business units to lead and develop consumer insights and analytic initiatives, which align and support the organization’s brand strategy. Leverages consumer insights, market research and an understanding of marketplace and competitive dynamics to make informed business decisions, which drive growth.
- Drives consumer insight based innovation process excellence through best practice guidance, training and process management support of innovation across all business units.
- Fosters an environment of cross-functional collaboration, and develops strong relationships with key stakeholders across businesses to understand business objectives and the data needed to drive decisions, goal setting and priorities.
- Enables and guides the businesses to use quantitative data to assess and reveal consumer profiles, segments and behaviors to drive business and marketing decisions.
- Identifies critical metrics and KPIs by working with business teams to understand their decision-making and processes.
- Provides meaningful reporting and key dashboards, effectively analyzes outcomes and translate data into actionable insights and recommendations organization wide.
- Directs and initiates consumer research projects, and assists the business units in turning results into viable strategies, including measuring the results of the strategies.
- Identifies and selects firms to conduct research and serves as consultant to businesses to ensure best practices, methodologies and research approach are utilized.
- Establishes and instills standards, methods and best practices that enable our organization to provide best-in-class measurement plans, meaningful analysis and relevant analytical deliverables.
- Identifies challenges and emerging issues with each business unit and works with key stakeholders to identify and implement opportunities and solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Management or equivalent.
- Typically requires a minimum of 10 years as a marketing leader with extensive experience in global consumer insights and analytics and collaborating with key stakeholders across a complex, diverse consumer goods environment.
- Performs human resources responsibilities for staff, which includes but is not limited to the following: hiring and terminating employees, promotions/pay adjustments, staff development, performance evaluations, resolution of employee concerns and disciplinary counseling.
- Develops and manages the marketing budget in conjunction with senior leadership for the business unit.
- Develops and approves departmental policies, procedures and guidelines to meet business needs.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in consumer insights and analytics to leverage effective decision-making and strategy development.
- Extensive experience interpreting advanced marketing and business analytics used to display business and product success and weaknesses, determine opportunities for improvements, make impactful business decisions and drive business success.
- Strong working knowledge of consumer centric gated innovation process (e.g. Stagegate) and project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with all levels of employees and external partners. Ability to work through conflict, build trust, and influence outcomes and to create a results-driven, team oriented environment. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships.
- Expertise in managing projects from concept development to implementation and evaluation. Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities to effectively provide direction, guidance and motivation to internal teams and vendors and deliver successful results on schedule.
- Advanced proficiency in using the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), JDE, Business Objects or similar systems. Ability to use multiple databases and systems to perform analytics, display results and create dashboards and reporting tools.
- Experience working in a deadline-oriented environment with a high attention to detail and quality.
A few pointers about our culture:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and innovation are in our bones! We authentically innovate trusted equipment that gets people out there.
- We are laser-focused on our consumers, and passionate about inspiring people to actively engage with the amazing awe of the outdoors again and again.
- We strive to create meaningful, healthy change in the world as individuals and as a family of brands.
- We value team members who are willing to wear many hats; who take personal initiative, anticipating what needs to be done, and figuring things out to make them happen; but who are also willing to ask for help, to assist others and work together.
What you will receive:
- Share in the company’s success - Competitive base salary, with additional earning potential through participation in the annual discretionary cash profit sharing program, eligibility for annual pay increases, and employee stock purchase plans.
- Find your work/life balance with generous paid time off and holiday benefits, health insurance and wellness plans.
- Further your career with training opportunities including our tuition assistance program.
- Plan for your future with our 401k with company match and deferred retirement contributions, Sons & Daughters Scholarship program, life and LTD insurance, employee stock purchase plan, and more.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Johnson Outdoors (and all subsidiaries) without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. Johnson Outdoors is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact Human Resources at HRSpecialAccommodations@johnsonoutdoors.com to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
JOHNSON OUTDOORS is a leading global innovator of outdoor recreation equipment and technologies that inspire more people to experience the awe of the great outdoors. The company designs, manufactures and markets a portfolio of winning, consumer-preferred brands across four categories: Watercraft Recreation, Fishing, Diving and Camping. Johnson Outdoors' iconic brands include: Old Town® canoes and kayaks; Ocean Kayak™; Carlisle® paddles; Minn Kota® fishing motors, batteries and anchors; Cannon® downriggers; Humminbird® marine electronics and charts; SCUBAPRO® dive equipment; Jetboil® outdoor cooking systems; and, Eureka!®camping and hiking equipment. Founded in 1970 by Samuel C. Johnson, the Company has delivered double-digit compound annual growth over its history, evolving from a single brand into a nearly $600 million global enterprise with around 1,200 employees across 20 countries.