Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
At Johnson Outdoors, home to some of the world’s most innovative and best-known outdoor recreation brands, we create amazing outdoor experiences - for adventurers, by adventurers.
Based in beautiful and affordable Racine, Wisconsin, at our Headquarters on the shore of Lake Michigan, you’ll have incredible access to a variety of outdoor activities whether skiing and snowmobiling in winter, or kayaking, fishing, sailing, hiking or more in summer. Close to both Milwaukee and Chicago, the area boasts a wide variety of amenities including a vibrant arts and culture scene and a host of unique, creative dining options.
About the Role:
Proactively identifies, promotes, and implements information security systems and best practices in the Johnson Outdoors environment. Utilizes technologies and techniques to mitigate information security threats and will provide expertise, counsel, and problem resolution in the areas of threat management, network security, penetration testing, and web application security.
What you will be doing:
- Provides security support and engineering for firewalls, network segmentation technologies, web proxies, email proxies, cloud environment and Intrusion detection systems (IDS)/intrusion prevention systems (IPS)
- Evaluates and recommends new security tools and technologies. Prepares analysis of alternatives and implement enhancement to existing systems, as it relates to system security
- Recommends new security policy, standards, best practices, and system configuration standards. Consults with internal clients on security topics and policy interpretation.
- Creates and consolidates status reports from disparate sources, security incident and event data, unresolved network security exposures, misuse of information assets, noncompliance audit remediation to produce monthly exception and management reports.
- Builds and leverages relationships with the organization and external partners to deliver effective security capabilities. Coordinates activities across multiple internal departments and business units.
- Assists with penetration testing, audits and vulnerability assessments.
- Participates in incident response and forensic investigations activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you need to succeed:
A Bachelor’s degree in information security or equivalent. CISM, CEH, CISSP, GIAC, GCIH, GSEC and other security certifications a plus. Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in information security and cyber security including experience with PCI compliance (or similar compliance frameworks).
- Knowledge of analysis, requirements gathering, and industry best practices and tools.
- High technical knowledge of network design and routing practices.
- Knowledge of cloud platforms and how to properly implement security best practices.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels throughout the organization (across businesses and with IT key stakeholders) and external vendors.
- Excellent organizational skills in a multi-task/multi-system environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Johnson Outdoors (and all subsidiaries) without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. Johnson Outdoors is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact Human Resources at HRSpecialAccommodations@johnsonoutdoors.com to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
JOHNSON OUTDOORS is a leading global innovator of outdoor recreation equipment and technologies that inspire more people to experience the awe of the great outdoors. The company designs, manufactures and markets a portfolio of winning, consumer-preferred brands across four categories: Watercraft Recreation, Fishing, Diving and Camping. Johnson Outdoors' iconic brands include: Old Town® canoes and kayaks; Ocean Kayak™; Carlisle® paddles; Minn Kota® fishing motors, batteries and anchors; Cannon® downriggers; Humminbird® marine electronics and charts; SCUBAPRO® dive equipment; Jetboil® outdoor cooking systems; and Eureka!®camping and hiking equipment. Founded in 1970 by Samuel C. Johnson, the Company has delivered double-digit compound annual growth over its history, evolving from a single brand into a nearly $600 million global enterprise with around 1,200 employees across 20 countries.