Molding Set-Up Technician Job Description
Position: Molding Set-up Technician Department: Molding
Reports to: Molding Manager FLSA Status: Hourly
Summary of Position
Under the direction of the Molding Manager, this position is accountable for the set-up, repair and maintenance of injection mold machines.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up and operates an injection molding machine for the purpose of shaping plastics while maintaining departmental Safety, Quality and Delivery objectives.
- Reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams to select, position and secure machinery.
- Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and standards in a timely fashion which include set cycle times.
- Installs dies in and out of machine, according to work order specifications, using clamps, bolts and hand tools.
- Understand and is able to mix resin material and coloring pigments or recycled material according to formula.
- Complete all necessary paperwork (i.e. cycle time sheets, set-up sheets, etc.) as directed in a timely and precise manner.
- Operate automated assembly machines in parallel with molding cycle as needed.
- Assist in maintaining the flow of work through production departments as needed.
- Maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Perform job functions in a safe manner, know and follow established job specific and facility wide safety and health procedures.
- Actively participate in site safety initiatives, including the wearing of all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Bring safety and health concerns, unsafe acts and safety suggestions to management’s attention or correct those you’re able to.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- Candidate must have a minimum of 1 year of experience as a set-up or process technician
- High school diploma (or equivalent) or sufficient manufacturing work related experience
- Must be able to read, write, speak and communicate efficiently with a wide variety of people and personalities
- Ability to manually lift up to 50 lbs and manually push/pull full skids and carts of material
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to reach, bend, and stretch with minimal assistance
- Basic computer skills to function in an ERP system